Monday, January 22, 2007

As you can see things have been pretty relaxed at my house lately. Gracie is not too enthusiastic about contributing to the cleaning efforts. I keep trying to bribe her but she is not buying it


I am counting the days until the Knitting Retreat in Excelsior Springs, MO. Just thinking getting together with good friends to knit for the weekend and making new friends is exciting. I am taking Friday off so I can prepare. I have decided not to do any spa stuff but will take advantage of the indoor pool and hot tub. I am doing the freeform class and still have not selected my yarns as yet. This is something that I must work on tonight. I have so much to choose from but cannot decide if I want to do worsted or sock weight. I have a lot of left over sock yarn so that might be fun but I just have settled on anything. I am confident that I will figure it out by Friday.



Here is one of my latest projects using the Rowan Biggy that I bought at Knit Wits. It is really yummy to knit. It is very heavy so it will be extremely warm. This is good since I am not really into wearing coast. This should be nice to just throw on.


Also a work in progress is the second sock for this Trekking multi-color. I just love these. I enjoy the stripes but thought these would be a nice change. You never can have to many pairs of socks. I am almost to the point where I hate putting on my cotton store bought socks to ware to work. I think I am going to make some black ones next to add to my collection of work socks.

Both yarns are from my stash. So far I have been really good about staying on the Knit What You Got Diet. I did do the birthday buy but nothing since. Will see how long I can hold out.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I like your new digs! Blogger has been my favorite. I was over at Diaryland, but it was too teen angst ridden. Can't wait to see what colors you pick!

Maenwyn said...

Cute kitty. She's the queen, why should she do house-work?

Jen said...

Love your sweater and sock. Kitty looks like she could at least dust, you know, just lay on different surfaces to pick up the dust. I think my dogs would do that for me.

ChelleC said...

Wow! I love your new blog. The colors are nice - and it really is pretty easy to navigate once you get used to it. If you have any questions, just ask those of us who are on blogger and we can step you through.