Monday, July 16, 2007

Time for a New Car?

You may remember that this past November I paid my car off. Something I have not done in a long time. I was so happy to have accomplished this. The car has been such a good car that has 92,000 miles with very little trouble. Well, I spoke to soon.

On the way home from vacation I got a call from my uncle informing me that my car was dead. Being such a great guy he took my old battery and got it replaced so the car was running when I got home. I drove the car all week with no problem. I drove the car at lunch today.

I got in the car after work to meet my friend Jen and while on the phone letting her know that I was leaving when I turned the key it would not start. I got one of the guy at the office to jump start it for me. One would think that I should be good to go. I stopped to meet Jen and when I got in the car again it would not start.

This situation prompted a call to AAA after I was unable to jump the car with Jen's. The tow guy tried to jump it with not success. The battery was getting juice but would still not start. Alas, the car had to be towed to the shop.

I fear that this is only the beginning. Will have to see what tomorrow brings. I may have to make the decision to trade it in. I was hoping to be able to wait until next year so I could have everything else paid off. I would like to be able to buy the car I want instead of the one I can afford.

Being the prepared knitter that I am, of course I had some knitting in the car to I spent my waiting time wisely. Let that be a lesson to you all. It pays to have car knitting going on.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

I am so sorry to hear about your car plunking out! That's what mine started to do, and thus the car payments I avoided only briefly. Argh!! Cars just KNOW somehow, they get that intuition to break down just when the payments stop. Why is that?