- Always...Always slip first stitch purlwise when doing garter stitch. It makes one loop for each two stitches. This make counting rows much easier and gives a nice smooth edge. Perfect for picking up stitched. This works great.
- When picking up stitches, loop the second needle through each loop along the edge then knit the loops. This makes a nice smooth seam.
- For a smooth bindoff-bind off on the purl side. This makes a nice edge to pick up stitches.
- Begin by purling two together
- Place the stitch back on the left needle lengthening the loop
- Continue these two steps until the last stitch then pull the tail through and cut.
I hope you find these tips and helpful as I did.
On another note, I had heard of this the John C. Campbell Folk School http://www.folkschool.com/index.php some years ago but had lost the information. Just happened across it again and wanted to share it. It is on my list of places I want to go some day.
I never got to go to summer camp and I think this is the closest I will get. Just another thing to look forward to.