Monday, November 05, 2007

New Stuff

St Louis was fun this pat weekend. Interestingly enough, we found a new yarn shop that was having a grand opening. My friend Chelle found the same shop. To continue down the path she ended up going to Knitorious as did we. It is a wonder we did not run into each other. I got some lovely Toasty Toes hand dyed worsted and some white yarn that I will probably kool ade dye. Not sure on the colors as yet.
I have decided that there will be no further yarn purchases for some time. I really have gone over the edge lately and I need to come back. At least until I get back to work. I also need to get some WIPs completed. I am now working on a sweater, socks, hemlock ring blanket and a bag. I need to be diligent in completing them so I can still have time to get some Christmas things done.
I guess I am going to have to look for a job soon. I an officially unemployed after being on the bench for the last to weeks. I did file for unemployment today. Since I worked in Kansas that is who will pay this time which is better than Missouri at least but not as good as some other states. I do enjoy not working but unfortunately it does not pay much. The thing that is different this time is that I don't have a car payment or house payment at this time so the unemployment will cover my bills.
I do have an interview for a short contract for a technical writer that might be fun. It should last about 5 months which would get me to Spring. In the contracting game it is a better time to find something. I have been doing this kind of work for a long time so I don't worry about it any more. Something always comes through when it needs to.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Carol, it was SO GOOD to see you again. I'm going to try to stop in for at least a while at the S&K today. We'll see what I can work out around her play practice. I think I can drop her off at practice and maybe Bob can pick her up? We'll see