Monday, February 18, 2008

Catching Up

So, even though I have not blogged in a while I have been knitting. This is the latest sock from some Regia that I bought at Stitches Midwest 2007. I bought a bunch so I have plenty to work with. I am thinking I probably still have enough to do a vest of even a short sleeve sweater. Will have to think on that.

I finished the Irish Hiking scarf done on bigger needles. I really liked the original version done according to the pattern but I think I like this one much better because it is looser and the edges do not roll. Since it is looser it really did not need to be blocked so it is ready to go. There is still plenty of time to wear it since the weather in Kansas City goes from 40s-50s on day and 20s-teens the next.

This is my latest project. It is one of the components of the Medallion Caplet from the VOGUEknitting Winter 2007. I the medallion to see how it would knit up. Not that I really want to do the caplet but thought I could use the motif for something. I like knitting it so much that I am going to keep knitting it into a round throw. I started out with the red because that is what I had with me at the time I decided to started it. Now the plan is to make it red, white, and blue and will be donated to my mother's VFW Ladies Auxillary to sell or raffle at one of the may festivals where they have a booth.

Every year my mother mentions that I could make something for them and I never seem to get anything ready for them. I think this will be well received and appreciates.

As you can see these are a couple of happy knitters, Mary and Jennifer, checking out the yarn at the Old Mill Stitchery in Liberty, Mo. We took a short road trip there Saturday to check out their yarn and see what was in the sale bin. Afterward we had lunch in the tea room. Look below to see my acquisitions.

This lovely cotton acrylic blend Reynolds Cabana was in the 1/2 off bin. I also purchased a pattern book that has a lovely mitered square jacket which is supposed to have 15 different colors of 1812 cotton. As you can see, I am going to be working with 5. Many of the 15 colors were only used for a small portion of the squares and I see no reason to go that route. The cost would have been too much so this is going to work just time.

I am very please this my current endeavors. There are many more things I want to do and would like to do them all at the same time but as we all know two hands can only do so much.

Today was a good day. I had President's Day off, even though I did not get paid for it. I should have been good and stayed home to get things done that I have beem procrasting getting done but I just could make myself do it.

I did need to get the oil changed in the car so I took it to the dealership on State Line which put me over on the West side of town. For reasons on clear to me my car continued to head West and I ended up in Lawrence, Ks. (better known as the home of Yarn Barn). It was fate, there was a parking spot in front of Yarn Barn with time left on the parking meter. What more could I ask for? I even had time to walk down the street to Tellers for lunch which was wonderful.

I also had something to take back to Best Buy which went so easily. If you do not have one yet, they have a Free Rewards card that, of course, tracks your purchases. One of the features of this card is that you do not have to have a receipt to return things. The customer service person can pull the item up and process the return. It would be great if other stores did the same.

My last stop was Costco. I had my yearly rebate check from my Costco Amex to redeem. As first I was a but miffed because I thought I had to spend the check at Costco but to my delight I could spend it or cash it, which I did. All-in-all I thoroughly enjoyed the day. The stuff I should have done will get done in time.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

I wish I could have gone on that Liberty trip. I'm going to be able to hit Yarn Barn this Saturday though because we're going to a train show there. Hopefully I'll be back in the afternoon to go to Sip N Knit. Nice yarn acquisition there.

I know exactly what you're saying about wanting to do multiple projects at once.