Saturday, February 23, 2008

Wonderful Evening

Recently on DirecTV a new channel appeared in the line up, Ovation http://www.ovationtv.com/. It is a performing arts channel that offers a variety of programming. I happened to discover this channel while surfing one day when I heard the most wonderful voices of the King Singers. They are an a cappella ensembles of 6 men with incredible voices. While once again on the internet I happened across the Folly Theater site which had the schedule for the Harriman-Jewell series and to my delight the King Singers were appearing this week. I was lucky enough to get standing room only tickets for the event. Yesterday I got a call that there was a cancellation and tickets were available so I was thrilled that I would be sitting down for the performance, although I would have been willing to stand.

What a great performance. It was one of those that you wished would never end. The wonderful thing was to see so many young people interested in the performance. There was a bus load of students from William Jewel College. The performers were gracious enough to come out for autographs and pictures. The excitement of the students waiting to meet each one was very heart warming. Each performer was so generous in speaking with each person until the last one. This after standing and singing for a hour and half. This was thoroughly enjoyable and I look forward to seeing them again when they return next time.

I had taken my sock to knit on and found no time to think about it. But have no fear I will find time today at SSK. Also the red through is progressing nicely. I think this is maybe inspiring me to get back to the Hemlock Ring and finish it up. If I can get that completed and decide what I want to do with the Petal vest I will be close to caught up with my WIPs, I think. Then I will be able to start my new mitered jacket from the Reynolds Cabana I bought last week.

My goal is to not have more that one big project and a sock going at the same time. I just need to focus. I think I can, I think I can...... Now that Spring is coming soon, I hope, I need to concentrate on getting my house in shape. I have much to do this year.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

So glad you had fun at the concert. It sure sounds like a good one.