Sunday, June 22, 2008

I have been busy

OK today I have worked in the yard and basement, where I found some summer clothes I have been looking for, cleaned my bedroom and the bathrooms then finally installed new light fixtures on the front of the house.

This is the new light fixture. I looked for a long time to find something that was not to foo foo and not brass or polished nickel. Everything l looked at was either tacky or gigantic and just would not fit the look of the house. I was going to wait until I got the house painted but the old lights we literally falling apart. These came in white or black but I didn't really like the white ones. If I decide I want a different color I can always paint them and black usually provides a better base to paint.

So now at 2:30 I am ready to have some lunch. I am thinking salmon on a salad. I am thinking I am going to start leaning toward eating more vegetation. I have some new friends who are into the eating RAW. There are several meetups in that vain that I am going to investigate. I like fruits and vegetables a lot and that is mostly what I eat. Not sure I will totally cut out meats and dairy but I don't eat a lot of that stuff now. Since I am loosing wait anyway and trying to be healthier I would like to learn more about now to put things together to provide better nutrition for my future. Over the last 20 years I cannot say that I have taken the best care of my health but I do not think it is to last to start at anytime in our lives.

Oh yes. I have been doing some knitting also.

The Clapotis has now been completed and is waiting to be blocked. I used a lace weight from Crafty in a good way which is hand spun and hand dyed by Andrea Scott from Mission Kansas. This was lovely yarn to knit with and l love the color way which is Mary. Speaking of Mary, my friend Mary and I started our Clapotis at the same time but she used Lorena's Lace Lion and Lamb so I am anxious to see out the two compare. I love her colorway also, but I do not remember what it is called. I think we will have to model them at SSK with we both have them blocked.

The bag part of the felted back pack is is done and I just have the strap to do. I did this out of Lambs Pride Bulky on size 10 1/2 needles. The pattern called for worsted weight on 10 1/2s so it it rather tighter than I would like so I am not sure how it will felt but I am going to give it a shot and see. I probably should have gone up a couple of sizes but oh well. I do like the red, white and purple together. I am anxious to see how it comes out. I think the felting will take place this week.

I have also started a pair of cotton socks knitting two at the same time on a magic loop. While I am happy I figured out the technique I am not totally sure that I will always do my socks this way from now on. As I understand from others who are doing this the heel will be the challenge. Since I am doing anklets I am getting close to that point so I will see soon enough how it goes. I think the advantage I may have is that I am not using the 2 At A Time book, which I understand has many errors so maybe I will have not problem. I should have something probably have finished socks to show next time.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Neat post - I love the lattern outside your house, nice! (and classy too).

Your bag is really neat, I like that. Can't wait to see it felted.

Regarding the raw foods diet: I'm intrigued. Would like to know more about it. Do give me a call to discuss.