Saturday, April 28, 2007

Big Green Socks

Finally, here are the guy socks. The turn out to be a perfect fit. He love them. They were for my friend Daron.

We played poker last night at a fun raiser for Pee Wee football. I was hoping that these would be lucky socks for him but unfortunately this was not to be. Even so the poker was a lot of fun. I lasted about an hour longer than he did but alas I was downed by 3 aces and 2 8's over my 3 aces and 2 3's. Of course I went all in...with 3 aces how could I not.

Oh well, it was for the kids and it was much better than having them come to my door with candy bars and making me feel bad for not buying them. I have adopted a strict policy now that I do not buy from kids at the door anymore. I used to buy from them all but the last couple of times I did and had to pay up front the merchandise never showed up at my door. The other reason is that I feel if you want your kid to play ball, cheer lead, whatever, I do not want to pay for it. You need to pony up the extra money for them to participate in that activity.


As you can see I have changed my template. Not sure I like not having more color but have not finished tweaking it yet. I like the stretched format I am think of other things I can do to spruce it up and will do so as time permits. Let me know what you think and if you have suggestions.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I like it stretched.

Laura said...

Your format reminds me of Cara's over at January One. It's nice and clean, shows off the photos very well.

As the Mom of a kid, I have to say, I loathe those fundraisers. My theory is, if people wanted the stuff the kids is selling, they'd have bought it at the store already. Bake sales and car washes are another story. Those we go to and a bake sale is never a bad thing.