Friday, May 25, 2007

What a Day! ! !

I, unlike my friend Chelle, did not have the day off today. My day started off with me finding a puddle of oil on the garage floor under my car. It has been in need of some maintenance that I have been putting off for a while. Well today was D-day for the maintenance. I had to drop the car off at the shop to have it checked out. Especially since I am going to be doing a little traveling this weekend.


The verdict turned out to be that there was nothing leaking so the mechanic was not sure where the puddle came from. So I just had the maintenance done. I got off very cheap at $400. The car is a 2002 Buick Regal with nearly 90,000 miles and the only thing I have had to do is change the oil, new battery, and tires. Not bad for 5 years.
I had been giving some thought to buying a new car with better mileage but I am over that now. Even though I am spending $200 a month for gas it is still cheaper than a new car payment.


I have a good start on the lace bottom shell. I am glad to be doing the mindless stockinette part. As mentioned I am using Red Heart Luster Sheen which is pretty nice to knit with. It does split a little but not as much as the LB Microspun.
I am not usually a blue person but I do like this blue since it is a little darker. Besides it was this blue or white as a choice and I did not want to do white. I would have had it completely dirty by the time I got it completed. I am looking forward to seeing this complete I think I am going t like it. If I really like it a lot I may do another in a different yarn.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

The sweater is lovely. Good job! And now you are on to the easy-peasy fun part.